Monday, July 13, 2009

Am I Open?

A few weeks ago we were heading home late one night and as we passed an auto body shop we noticed that they were still “OPEN”. Or at least that’s what the sign said. We jokingly made the comment that they must be open 24 hours.
This is not an uncommon occurance. It is “OPEN” late at night more times than not. Why? I do not know, but I presume it is because of someones negligence.

AM I ALWAYS OPEN?

1. Am I ALWAYS open to God’s Word?
If we are not open to God’s Word then God cannot use us. He uses HIS WORD to speak to us, but if we are not listening and taking it to heart HE can do nothing.

2. Am I open to conviction?
When God convicts do I really listen? Do I take it to heart? Do I CHANGE? If we are convicted of something there IS a reason.

3. Am I OPEN to HIS guidance and direction?
Am I really? Will I really DO what HE SAYS? If we don’t then there isn’t really a point!
When God gives his guidance and direction am I really open to do it. I mean if we ask for direction, then we don’t follow it then whats the point?
Do I follow Gods direction whole-heartedly? Do I do it happily? With a smile? With a song in my heart?
It is a priviledge to serve GOD! Be thankful that you live someplace that you can serve God without getting persecuted!

4. Am I open to the help of others?
When someone points out something I have not done correctly do I grumble and complain? Do I try to change it if it really is wrong?
Do I ACCEPT what others tell me? Do I accept it when others correct me?

The latter area is one of my weak points. It is HARD for me to accept correction from others. I think a lot of it has to do with the way they address issues. I do not give any excuse! If I don’t listen to correction it is my own fault!
I have had to deal with a lot! I have had people call me a flirt for saying Hi to a guy who is almost my brother. Come on what is up with that? I mean I don’t have any friends because of this particular person, so why do they try to tear me down me for being polite to someone who actually treats me like a person?
Sometimes we just have to bite down on our pride and forget what they say. We do need to check and see if what they say is true! I know for a fact that I am not flirting in this particular situation, but do I make it look that way? I do not personally think that, and this is the only person who thinks that.
Just choke down your pride and go serve GOD!!

1 comment:

Brittany Watson said...

Hey Hannah!

Thanks for the comment. Yes, we have been busy! ;) Thanks for checking to see if the other pictures would show up. It worked with me, but I just wanted to make sure others could see it!


The Lord be Magnified,
Brittany